Thursday, October 1, 2015

What Worries Me..

Are you a "worrier"? 10 years ago I would have considered myself a worrier, but I feel like over the past few years I have really worked on giving my worries to God. That doesn't mean that I don't worry about anything. It just means that I am better about laying it down and not picking it back up. I think with the world we live in there is always something that we could be worrying about. I want to share some things that have crossed my mind lately. 
* Abortions. This word makes me sick. I am very strong in my feelings on abortion. I know this is a hot topic so I am not going into major detail. The other day my good friend, Audra, and I were texting about this topic so I decided to look up the website for Planned Parenthood. With in minutes I was in tears and sick to my stomach. 
*My kids and the world we live in.   Every once in a while I honestly get upset about this. I start worrying and I get overwhelmed. I know at this point it is time to pray. This is only Satan trying to get the best of me.   I think about all the horrible things that are going on in this world and I want to keep my boys protected from all of it. I want them to stay healthy. I want them to not fall into the temptation that so many teens and young adults do. I want them to be mindful and smart to what is going on around them. I want them to chose God and not the world. 
*Shootings/Acts of Violence- This worries me because we are constantly hearing about shootings. (Today's shooting in Oregon.) Shootings at movie theaters, schools, malls, churches.  People are nuts. We just never know when or where it could happen. 
*Losing a close relative. I know this is something completely out of my control.
*Not telling enough people about Jesus. This is something that is out of my comfort zone. I pray everyday that I am showing people the love of Christ and that I would a light in this dark world. But is that enough? 
*People are mad or upset with me. I have for sure gotten better about this as I have gotten older. Some one close to me told me a few years ago, "God first, Matthew second, kids next, everyone else can get over it"  I would always worry about everyone else and what they were thinking.  Once I started thinking about this, I realized you won't make everyone happy, and we can't spend all our time dwelling on it. 
*The future.....will we have enough money? whats going happen then? etc etc etc...We are not guaranteed tomorrow so why worry about it!!! ;) 
So I have to ask...What do you worry about??
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:6-7
Have a blessed night.
Lots of love...

No comments:

Post a Comment