Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Shopping and Sickness!

Well...I can't believe Thanksgiving is over and it's time for Christmas! I know I have said this several times, but this year is flying by! 

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! Lots of food and laughter! I actually didn't over do it this year on the food! In the past, I have been known to almost make myself sick! This year I stopped way before that point! My mom made a brussel sprout quiche that was divine!! and oh my goodness, the dressing! Yummo!
Anyway, after all the yummy food it was time to focus on my favorite thing: Shopping! We don't ever go on Black Friday, but we do go on that Saturday! The last two years we have ended up in Nashville and had a blast! I love this because not only do we get to do some awesome shopping we get to stay with our really good friends!! 
This year I had a list and was determined we were not leaving Nashville until the list was finished! and when I say we shopped, we shopped! We got to Opry Mill at 8:50 in the morning and did not get back to our friends house until 9:30 that night! We did not stay the whole time at Opry Mills. We were all over Nashville! Poor Matthew was worn out!! I am so proud he hung in there with me! I was disappointed because we didn't finish the list! I think every year I make a list of stuff I am wanting to find, I never find it! Next year I will just wing it! ;)  My legs by the time we got home were about to break off! I am really thinking this is the first time I have ever "looked" that long! 

While we were in the midst of shopping, we get a phone call from Matthew's mom saying that both the boys are not feeling well! Hudson has been running fever, and Jagger was throwing up!! I was so bummed out! We were over 3 hours from home and I wish we could have snapped our fingers and got back! Matthew's mom said there was no point driving at night to get home, they would be fine through the night! We decided to get up early and drive home! 
I was so happy to get home to our sick little boys! I know a hug from mommy and daddy can make things better! We spent all day on Sunday decorating for Christmas! Jagger was instantly feeling better! Hudson, not so much! He is terrified of all the Santa decorations, and he is loving taking all the ornaments off the tree!! This is driving my OCD crazy! 
Monday was spent in the doctor's office and today was all about cuddling on the couch! ;) 
Hope everyone has a blessed night!
Lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment