Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Mom Jeans

Mom Jeans.....I don't even know where to start on this subject, but when I hear those words I cringe.
Here is what most of us think of when we hear "mom jeans"

Basically a horrible fashion of the 80's! I know you are probably wondering where in the world I am going with all this, so here it is! I am a mom, and I love jeans! I want to be able to find a good pair of jeans that I feel comfortable in. I don't want to have to sell my right arm to afford them, but I also know how cheap jeans turn out! This situation is making me want to give up on jeans and just live in yoga pants or leggings!
Before kids, I could go into any store and buy jeans/pants without trying anything on. I knew what size I was and most everything fit me. Fast forward 7 years and 2 kids later, and I can not find any jeans that fit!! Saturday, my mother in law and I went shopping for jeans. I tried on so many pairs of jeans I was getting beyond frustrated! Nothing fit,nothing looked good! I know my body is not the same as it once was, but good GRIEF!!! I finally decided to put my problem on Facebook and see what the response would be! I was blow away by all the suggestions on jeans! So if you are in the same situation as me and can't find jeans that are not "mom jeans" here are some of the top suggestions that were given on facebook!

*iT Collective Corset Denim- several people mentioned these jeans, so I started researching and I can not wait to try them on!! They sound amazing! They do run around $100, but I am starting to think it would be better to invest in some good jeans then buying cheapy and they wear out in a month and they don't look good? Click here to check them out!

Using the latest in tech fabric, these jeans stretch just enough to fit your body without pinching or creating the dreaded muffin-top. And they hold their shape all day long. No bagging in the seat or falling off your hips. By the time I took these photos, I had already worn them a full day.
They are slightly higher in the rise but not enough to be dated or considered high-waisted. They hold your abdomen in place without feeling like you’re wearing support wear or a girdle.


* Loft jeans- I have honestly never even thought about looking at jeans from Loft, so when I saw several people mention it I immediately went to the website! They have several cute styles that I really like!

Curvy Skinny Jeans - these are $79, and I am constantly seeing coupons for Loft!


Curvy Skinny Jeans in Dark wash- these are $69 and I think its hard to beat a dark wash!


*Daytrip from The Buckle- I always get overwhelmed in The Buckle because there is so much to look at! I googled these and there are not a ton of options which I like and they are very reasonably priced. Anywhere from $46-$52! The next time I am around The Buckle I will be trying some of these on!


*Silver Jeans- an oldie but goodie! I remember when these came out and you could buy them at Maurices! I haven't worn them in years, but think I need to try another pair on!



I know there are probably tons and tons of great jeans out there, but these were the top 4 mentioned! I can't wait to try all of them and see if I have any luck! Please tell me I am not the only one that struggles with jean issues? Do you have an all time favorite pair of jeans?
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Lots of love..

No comments:

Post a Comment